Skip to main content
Hunting and Fishing Licenses (DNR)

Hunting and Fishing Licenses

Our office issues hunting and fishing licenses. You will have to know the name, social security number and birth date of the person for whom you wish to obtain the license.

Lifetime hunting and fishing licenses may be obtained for persons who are 65 years of age or older. These individuals no longer are required to obtain habitat stamps. However, the are required to obtain migratory bird stamps, if needed for hunting.

If you were born after January 1, 1972, you must satisfactorily complete a hunter education course in order to obtain a hunting license. Call the office for details.

For the latest Deadlines, seasons & hunting regulations, go to the Iowa DNR website:

We have forms for the Annual Free Fishing or combine Hunting and Fishing License for Low Income 65 or Older, or Low Income Permanently Disabled. The completed forms are processed by the DNR. For additional Information visit the Iowa Department of Natural Resources at: or call the Carroll County Recorder's Office at 712-792-3328.

If you have specific questions, you may contact our office, our local DNR officer or visit the Iowa Department of Natural Resources website at

    114 E. 6th St.
    Carroll, Iowa 51401

    The Recorder's Office is on the Southeast corner of the main floor of the Courthouse

    Phone: 712-792-3328

    [email protected]

    Office Hours:
    Monday - Friday
    8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

    Ashten Wittrock
    County Recorder